Saturday, March 1, 2008

Baby Bling


Mi papi took mi in to get my ears pierc-ed last week. It is tradition here in Argentina for little girl babies to have bejewelled ears, but really it is to prevent embarrassment for other people so they can get the sex of the baby right when exclaiming how cute the nena or varon is. You should have seen the confused looks on peoples faces when mami would wrap me in a blue blanket or dress me in my favourite azul onsie. Mis viejos would explain that I wear blue because, duh mi middle name is AZUL! Anyways mi mami didn´t come with us, as she was a bit squeamish to watch, so it was mi papi´s y yo´s bonding time, and he picked out the biggest sparklers he could find, because I am his precious Reina.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

99 said...

You look beautiful!
(y taaan porteña ahora)

tangobaby said...

Beauty Baby,

I feel very badly for not visiting your blog sooner. I cannot believe it has taken me this long to get around to it, but now it might be one of my favorites, so I hope you'll keep writing.

I might call myself tangobaby, but you're the real deal! I pale in comparison to your tangobaby-ness.

I am very glad that you're already accumulating your jewels. A lady can never have too many accessories, so you're smart to start out so young.

Kisses to you from California.